Monday, April 18, 2011

In search of a mascot

In the early 2000s, we had Pooh Phi.

And now we have no mascot!

Mu Phi... Moo? Cow?
     No, it's pronounced 'Mew' like a kitten, not 'Moo'- this has been brought to
     my attention and i've been hounded to change my pronunciation.

Speaking of kittens, Emily has that adorable little tiger wearing a Mu Phi jersey. But Tigers are trinity's mascot, not Mu Phi's

Scooby Mu? That's another one that has been thrown around.

Meerkat has been suggested. Mu Phi Meerkats... I like the alliteration going on, but are meerkats musical? Was Pooh Phi musical?

I need to find the story behind Pooh Phi. Maybe I'll ask Beta Kappa alumni and current theory/composition professor Dr. Nelson.

2 comments:

  1. 1 vote for meerkat. On the platform that you can never have too much meerkat.

    ReplyDelete